MLinkPlanner is a powerful and user-friendly tool for designing microwave point-to-point (PtP) and point-to-multipoint (PtMP) links. MLinkPlanner was created by engineers with many years of experience in designing microwave links, from single-hop access links to high-power long-haul trunk lines.
Special focus was placed on devising a convenient user interface, the incorporation of adaptable and easy to use link path profiles in the design process, and the automation of all key calculations.
Accurate PtP and PtMP Link Performance Analysis
- Multipath fading prediction (Rec. ITU-R P.530-17 method; Vigants-Barnett method)
- Rain attenuation (Rec. ITU-R P.530-17 method; Crane method)
- Diversity improvement (frequency, space, and quad diversity)
- Co-channel operation
- Error performance and availability (Rec. ITU-R F.1668, Rec. ITU-R F.1703)
Full-Featured Microwave Path Profile Analysis
- Antenna height optimization for different clearance criteria
- Reflection analysis
- Diffraction loss analysis (Rec. ITU-R P.526-15 Complete Bullington method; Rec. ITU-R P.526-15 Diffraction over multiple cylinders method; Deygout principle method with correction ITU-R-P.526-11; Epstein-Peterson method)
- Accounting for attenuation in vegetation (Rec. ITU-R P.833-9)
Coverage Study for Point-to-Multipoint Networks
Different coverage study for PtMP systems:
- Received Power Studies at subscriber stations
- Best Server
- Carrier-to-interference+noise ratio C/(I+N) at subscriber stations
Comparison of the two coverage
A Large Set of Equipment Specifications
The user has access to a large set of equipment specification files supplied with the software.
Built-in editor for preparing specification files from datasheets.
Support for any equipment configuration (adaptive modulation; space and frequency diversity techniques; co-channel).
Advanced GIS Features
Fully automatic generation of path profile based on:
- Terrain elevation 1 arc sec (about 30 m)
- Tree cover 1 arc sec (about 30 m) resolution data with tree canopy height information
- 3D buildings data from OpenStreetMap project
All of these types of geodata are automatically downloaded to the required area as needed; there is no need to worry about preloading the geodata.
Use of various standard base maps (such as OpenStreetMap, OpenTopoMap, etc.) as well as custom ones.
- Short, full and various summary link reports
- Save the result of the coverage calculation as an interactive web page, as a raster image, or as a KMZ file.
- Report with integrated graphics - map and path profile
The reports can be printed or saved in the formats PDF, Microsoft Word, or Excel.
- Flexibly adjust the layers on the base map and show custom vector layers
- Management of network units both through the main menu and use the context menu on the base map
- Сonvenient and fast path profile generation and editing
- Use metric or English measurement systems
Abu Dhabi, UAE
July 11, 2020
1. 30 different maps can be selected and loaded with a simple of a click.
2. It has various propagation models and latest ITU recommendation to be selected from dependent on project to project with ease of
3. I like the ability of loading a custom product family when creating PTP link
4. I like the fact that I’m able to easily edit the path profile terrain results by highlighting a concern area on the clutter menu and Crosscheck that on the actual map
5. The reporting details is FANTASTIC. It save weeks of my time trying to put all the results in a high level design document. Now I can easy press report and export it to any format I like.
6. The antenna height optimization tool is very powerful. By simply clicking a optimize button, I get the minimum antenna height according to latest ITU recommendation.
7. I like the fact that the software has the reflection analysis. It calculates the optimal heights difference between the main antenna and diversity antennas to minimize the reflection affects. This is very helpful to design over sea microwave links at the earlier stage.
8. I like the fact I can upload kml files to my site list without doing it manually
9. I like the fact how easy to add a new site by simply clicking on map
10. The technical support of MLinkPlanner is beyond AMAZING. They response within minutes and always ready to help and support.
I’m very delighted and happy that I found MlinkPlanner and I highly recommend all the planning & telecom engineers to buy product. It’s a great investment and worth every dollar you paid for.
Rene Dos Remedios
Dryve IT Inc
Manila , PH
June 17, 2020
Congratulations on MlinkPlanner 2.0!!!
It is a fantastic improvement on an already great product! It is now much easier to use. The new organization and navigation makes it very easy to design large complicated PMP projects.
June 11, 2020
CTT made network planning an absolute breeze. The features are incredibly comprehensive and advanced. The pricepoint is also incredibly reasonable, they are easily 100 times cheaper than the enterprise software that leads this field. Customer service is also incredible and highly responsive, the customer support makes the usage of this software extremely easy and is always helpful.
Rene Dos Remedios
Dryve IT Inc
Manila , PH
June 10, 2019
After using MLinkPlanner extensively for around 5 days, I have identified some of my favorite features.
1. Very easy to copy, export or import BS and SU radio parameters. Very easy to import Antenna files.
2. Ability to enter ADM specifications.
3. Very easy to add obstructions (trees, buildings) and water in the path.
4. Automatically accesses many different types of maps that can be used to validate the link path.
5. Coverage reports are very helpful:
a. Strongest Server Coverage report is my favorite. Aside from using this to assign SUs to BS, I use this report to easily adjust the Frequency Plan. This report makes frequency planning very simple.
b. C/(I+N) and RSSL reports are also very useful to verify coverage and interference issues.
6. Comprehensive Reports
a. The Full Hop Report is perfect for documentation for the deployment team. I will also use this report as documentation for my customer.
b. The PMP Summary report is a very good report to be able to understand issues in the overall network. I can see sites with diffraction problems, los RSL, and low predicted performance.
The Summary Report is also something I can forward to Site Installer personnel since the report contains all the necessary information for activation and performance verification of subscriber sites. I still plan to use your MSWord reports for documentation of individual site activation job orders, but the Summary Report contains all the key information for activation and is also very useful as a field report. Installers can directly enter measured RSL and Throughput testing on additional columns to document design versus actual results. I have found that easily having the expected RSL levels really helps installers in properly installing links.
MlinkPlanner is fast becoming my favorite RF Planning tool. I definitely think that MLinkPlanner has been one of my best investments for my RF design consulting work.
My sincerest thanks to you and all the people behind MLinkPlanner. You have saved me several man-weeks of work on this project.
ProSoft Technology, Inc.
May 27, 2019
The MLinkPlanner software for radio path study is easy to use and intuitive, It took me less than two days to get used to the software and then I was able to do Point to Point and Point to Multipoint application path studies which were well aligned with the actual application requirements. The best interesting portion what I like is the report section which gives you a basic and detailed report which is easier to share with end customers to show that we actually did a detailed designed and that makes a difference in the entire project design phase.
May 8, 2019
I have had MLinkPlanner since Jan 30, 2019.
I am very pleased with the product.
Mlink planner provides clear and concise reporting and ease of use especially entering site data.
I also like the easy feature to quickly alter antenna heights.
Jacques Joubert | Technical Support and RMA Team Leader
MiRO a member of the Hudaco group
April 11, 2019
MLinkPlanner is a handy tool and has been most helpful in assisting us plan links. Easy to use and navigate and gives us all the information we need in terms of link lengths and azimuths.
San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
18 March, 2019
We are a two way radio company in existence and operation for over 50 years. In the last 12 years we have become heavily involved in WISP services and many other microwave links for customers as well as ourselves. In the past we have used may different Path Profile services so as to achieve our goals in planning links and providing Path Profiles for customers, however it was always a task in deciphering the readings/results and then trying to transcribe it on to our Path Profile Analysis report.
For almost a year now we have been using MLinkPlanner and this program has made such an incredible difference in our data gathering and path profiling. I often wonder how we were able to make out before using this software and service. There are countless times that MLinkPlanner has saved us stress and worries due to the simplistic user interface. My personal favourite is how easily it is to switch between all of the maps when checking out a location or link hop. By switching between maps, I have found that I get a proper overall grasp of what I’m looking at as the different perspectives of the individual maps makes it seem to come alive right in front your eyes..... from Satellite to Topo to Street Map and best of all Hybrid. Good job on this service and really glad we found it.
17 March, 2019
I've used MLinkPlanner for almost five months. I like it because it automatically download terrain and coverage map from multiple sources. In comparison to other more advanced and expensive radio planning software, MlinkPlanner seemed more efficient and easier to use. It would be advisable to be able to export to Google Earth both radio link and coverage map. Another good point would be to import .msi antenna files (or other format)
Thank you for your good planning software, keep it that way !!!
Devinder Sharma | Sr. Network & Security Engineer
Network Facilities, Inc., Toronto, Canada
17 October, 2018
I recently purchased full version of the MLinkPlanner tool and have been more than thrilled to find it exceeding all my expectations. With effortless online access to high resolution terrain and buildings / tree cover clutter data from multiple sources, beautiful and accurate rendering of the path profiles and link analysis, this is a must tool for Small Telcos, Wireless ISPs, Cellular RF engineers, Microwave RF engineers, Outdoors WiFi Network Engineers and Network Consultants at very affordable USD500 all inclusive with lifetime product updates. The support has been stellar with very prompt and detailed responses and they listen to all suggestions for improvement of the product. I will mainly use it for feasibility study of point to point radio links and antenna heights/tower/masts calculations. I strongly recommend this product to anyone without big budget but needing detailed, accurate analysis and feasibility for wireless bridge links and point to multipoint coverage calculations.