Antenna Pattern Editor 2.0
Tool to View, Generate, Edit and Convert Antenna Patterns
Antenna Pattern Editor is a versatile tool with which you can view, create, edit, and convert antenna pattern files. The main idea embedded in the program is to provide the user with the opportunity to quickly create an antenna pattern file using various methods.
Antenna pattern file is a simple text or XML file that describes the main characteristics of the antennas - radiation patterns, gain, frequency range, name, manufacturer and other data. These files are used in various wireless planning tools including our RadioPlanner, Indoor RadioPlanner, MLinkPlanner and EMF Planner.
Due to the large number of antenna pattern file formats, it often happens that an antenna pattern file in the exact format you need is not available. In this case, using the Antenna Pattern Editor, you can easily convert the file to the format you need.
Sometimes the antenna information is just a picture of the antenna pattern. In such cases, using the Antenna Pattern Editor, you can prepare the necessary file in just a few minutes. Thanks to the simple graphical interface, as well as the applied cubic spline interpolation algorithm, you can get the desired file by pointing only a few characteristic points on the downloaded image. You can use images of any raster format - png, jpg, bmp, tiff.
Using the Antenna Pattern Editor, you can view, edit, transform, normalize the antenna pattern, as well as a number of other functions described below.
- View 2D/3D antenna patterns in linear and logarithmic scales
- View text information from antenna pattern file
- Create/edit the antenna pattern in the table form with advanced copy and paste capabilities
- Create an antenna pattern from the picture (digitizing)
- Perform various transformations of antenna pattern (rotation, mirroring, normalize, etc.)
- Create of antenna patterns on various ITU-R reference models
- Antenna pattern report in Word, Excel, and PDF
- Export antenna patterns to various formats
- Calculation of the width of the main lobe in the horizontal and vertical plane, as well as the electrical antenna tilt
- Create an antenna pattern envelope file from a set of antenna patterns
- Batch convert antenna pattern files between formats
Antenna Pattern Editor allows you to work with most antenna pattern file formats. Both simple formats with two patterns in the azimuth and elevation planes are supported (for example, MSI Planet, Radio Mobile V3, etc.), as well as more complex formats with antenna patterns in different polarization and the so-called "slice" formats (NSMA, TIA / EIA -804-B, EDX, etc.). Full 3D formats ETS-Lindgren and Satimo are also supported.
Supported antenna pattern file formats:
- MSI Planet (*.msi, *.pla, *.pln, *.ptn, *.txt, *.ant)
- Radio Mobile V3 (*.ant)
- NSMA WG16.99.050 (*.adf *.dat *.nsma *.nsm *.txt)
- TIA/EIA-804-B (*.adf)
- Atoll (*.txt)
- EDX (*.pat)
- AntPat (*.ana)
- CelPlan (*.txt)
- RadioSoft ComStudy (*.pt2)
- V-Soft (*.pat, *.vep)
- 3D formats: ETS-Lindgren, Satimo (*.csv)